Friday, June 11, 2021

Let's Go Anywhere Layouts Part 2

Hello friends. Carolyn back again for round 2 of the Echo Park "Let's Go Anywhere" Collection layouts. This is the May kit and it is fabulous!


Seriously - so many embellishments in this collection. It was so hard to pick what to use so why not use it all!? I'm a sucker for wood grain backgrounds so I had to use that paper. Then I laid the frames around the page until they fit. Next, I added tags and finished by squishing brads and stickers in the extra spaces. It is kind of busy with no dominant element so I used the Thickers in the kit to number the photos and direct the eye around the page. I love that little journaling card and had to use it. Bonus, it was printed on wood grain so I didn't have to fussy cut around the spirals of the notepad. I crossed my fingers that I had enough tiny pictures to fit those frames and I just made it. I propped up the frames with some foam backing. I'm so happy with this one!


For my next layout, I started with the three background papers and liked how they looked together. From there I chose these lobster pictures because of the red in the papers. I needed an interesting element so I looked through my cut files and had no lobster file! The horror! So I found a picture of a lobster and freehand drew it on a piece of scrap paper. When I was happy with it, I traced it onto the red paper and cut it out. I think he is pretty cute. I also propped the lobster up with foam pieces. I really wanted my title to be "You Are My Lobster" but it would've been too long so I used the "our" sticker instead and the Thickers in the kit. The layout is finished with some chipboard stickers, cardstock journaling card, enamel dots and ephemera

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: