Friday, January 17, 2020

Chipboard Embellishments - Add Some Sparkle

Hello! I am again to show you another layout using our Scrap Shotz December 2019 Scrapbook Kit which features the amazing collection from Kaisercraft called Starry Night. This Kit is gold and blue perfection!

In one of my past posts, Wood Embellishments - Add Some Colour I showed you how I used some Nuva Mica Mist, Antique Gold to add a touch of colour to the wood veneers in the Kit - I love how this brought a touch of gold into all the page elements.

Today I am here to encourage you to add even more colour - so much so, you make the embellishments in your kits, your stash, your layouts, your cards SPARKLE!


To add sparkle to the "Believe" chipboard from the Southern Ridge Trading Company Chipboard, I used a paintbrush to dip deep into my bottle of Nuvo Mica Mist, Antique Gold to gather lots of the gold 'dust' and painted a number of coats. Probably about 3 in total but it took no time at all the as the paint dries really fast and was sparkly from the first application - I could have stopped at anytime but the chipboard is of great quality and did not bend or warp in any way so I kept adding and building up the sparkle. 




The heart in the background is a cut file from The Cut Shoppe - the heart is full of speech bubbles and I filled each of these with pattern paper or the phrase cut apart paper from the Kit. I love Christmas sentiments especially when they are in gold. Originally I had the cut file in white cardstock but decided to paint the cardstock with some more of the Nuva Mica Mist, Antique Gold.


For the poinsettia embellishments, I fussy cut these from one of the Kit's pattern papers and used some of the swirly-doo accent pieces in the Collectables (die cuts) also from the Kit to create what I hope look like fancy gold leaves behind each flower.



I finished it all of by adhering it to one of the Bazzill Cardstock, Kraft papers in the kit I also .. surprise, surprise also added some of the Nuva Mica Mist, Antique Gold using the packaging smooshing technique and some splatters plus a few white acrylic paint splatters. I did mat the Kraft paper in a thin strip of white cardstock and a thin strip of the cut apart paper from the Kit too.

Thanks so much for swinging by today - hope your weekend is crafty!



No comments: