Monday, September 23, 2019

Think Outside the Pocket

Christmas is here! Well at least it is for me!

This month I am playing with a new line from Kaisercraft called Let it Snow. Wow! Enabler alert, check out this unboxing video to see all the goodies Scrap Shotz sent me to play with: 


You can find all these products and more from Scrap Shotz at https://www.scrapshotz.com/searchresults.asp?Search=kaisercraft+let+it+snow&Submit=

As soon as I started riffling through the papers and embellishments I knew I wanted to create my 2019 December Daily with this amazing collection. I love teal and silver as a Christmas color combination and knew if I threw in some red cardstock from my stash this would make a perfect December Daily 8x8 mini pocket page album. So fun!

Today I wanted to highlight the pages in this mini album that are outside of the pocket. Yup, outside of the pocket! When creating a pocket page album, I like to make sure I add some embellishments to the outside of the pocket and some themed shaped cardstock pages too. I find with mini albums you can do so many fun things to add texture and interest to the album.

Here are a few examples from this project to help inspire your plans for this year's December Daily (which is approaching too quickly, its almost October already!)

Cluster your embellishments with some in and some out of the pocket:


Consider not using a pocket page protector and making a feature or title page:


Include a few pages that are cut and decorated to match the theme of your mini album:


I will be sure to share more of this album as I create and cannot wait to post a full flip through video too. Are you thinking about your December Daily already? I would love to hear about it and see what you create! Please tag us @scrapshotz on your social media when any of the fabulous products in our store are part of your projects, we would love to ohh and ahh!




No comments: