Friday, May 12, 2017

April 2017 Kit-Project Reveal with Virginia

Hello Scrap Shotz Friends!

Scrap Shotz is thrilled to bring you the debut line from fellow Canadian Vicki Boutin in our April monthly scrapbook kit. The line is full of happy colours, pops of gold and mixed media goodness 😀.
Click here to see all of the Vicki Boutin goodness available at Scrap Shotz.

DT member Virginia is up first sharing her projects created with this lovely kit and some details on her creative process.


"The April monthly kit featuring Vicki Boutin has been a joy to work with! All of its components had my brain working in overdrive with ideas to try! This is my first project with the kit and some added products from Vicki Boutin Mixed Media line (Scrapshotz kit add ins). As you know I am a big fan of the gold and iridescent glazes in Vicki Boutin's lineup. I used the glaze to glam up the butterflies, as an adhesive to the chunky glitter and mica flakes and through Vicki's stencils to create a pattern for the wings. Those die cuts are vibrant bold and versatile! I love this paper line ❤️"



"In the kit I discovered a few sheets of specialty papers too - ooh la la! This layout makes use of the gold foiled transparency which is complemented by the gold foiled die cuts - yum! Those Pinkfresh Studio puffy phrases are simply divine"




"I've been so excited and inspired by this April. Can you tell how much I love the die cut elements and the gold glaze???? I love layering with the accents!"



"The background under the transparency was created by watercolourizing (I made up that word) with Vicki art crayons. Once dried I added layers of pattern paper and die cuts to surrounded my daughters lovey. A big thumbs up to the specialty papers and gold foiled accents in this gorgeous kit."


The team is using the May monthly sketch challenge from Creative Scrapbooker Magazine:

"This is my interpretation of the current CSM sketchy challenge. As well I had another opportunity to play with the Vicki Boutin mixed media products. Here the gold glaze was added for bits of texture with a Vicki Boutin stencil. I also added some depth to each butterfly with a direct to paper and baby wipe smudging technique using Vicki's new crayons. I love color and decided to add some water coloring elements to the patterned paper by dissolving the crayon pigment with water. I can't say enough how fabulous this kit is!"


Wow! Great job with the April kit Virginia😀 and thank you for giving us some insight into your creative process with this kit.

I'll be back in a bit with more projects created with this fabulous kit, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Wow! What gorgeous layouts, Virginia! You are so creative with the new products and the mixed media!