Monday, April 25, 2016

Card Crew Challenge - Direct to Paper Technique

Hello! It's Lorraine here with a card challenge!

Today the challenge is a simple one. Thanks to Pinterest, I was playing with an old technique, while I was watching "Vikings" on tv. I looked up and saw a scene where the colors in a misty forest were breathtaking. I tried to recreate that color scheme with my distress ink pads and was pleased with the serene look I achieved. The technique is simply to pull your ink pad across the panel. I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Hickory Smoke, Peeled Paint and Iced Spruce. Then I stamped with the Tim Holtz stamp "A Tree Line" with Jet Black Archival Ink. I used the primary inking of the stamp and then offset as second generation stamping slightly behind the first, then wrapped a length of twine on the bottom.





Thanks for looking in today. We have card challenges bi-weekly on Scrapshotz and we'd love to have you join in!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

What a stunning card!