Monday, December 14, 2015

We're Back....Just in Time for Christmas

Well, hello...it has been a long while since I have posted on the blog. Scrap Shotz has been busy. They presided at the Canadian Scrapbook Carnival held at Spruce Meadows and the hosted their fall crop. In preparation of the Carnival and the crop, I had the opportunity to put some new products through its paces. I'd like to share those projects with you over the next month.

First up, the Minc by Heidi Swapp. That benign rectanglar box makes oh such beautiful things!


I'd like to share with you how I use the Minc. Firstly, the Minc is a laminator. Just pop into your local stationary store and purchase laminating sheets. Place your item between the sheets and insert into the Minc. You may have to adjust the heat so try a tester first.

Secondly, create beautiful tags, pattern paper and accents or your cards and layouts using Heidi Swapp's pre-made tags, labels, paper and accents. Just add the foil of your choice and insert into the Minc. In seconds you will create beauty! The "Smile" accent is a pre-made Heidi Swapp accent.


Next, you can foil your stamps. What??? Yes, you can foil your stamps. I have found bold strong outlined stamps work best. Heat emboss Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder onto an image stamped with the  Ranger Emboss It pad. Once it cools, add foil and insert through the Minc machine and beauty will appear!

Lastly, I use the Minc machine almost exclusively with my dies. Here I create a paper sandwich of cardstock and Stick It. (Stick It is my double sided adhesive of choice with dies.) Die cut an image. Remove the release paper from the Stick It. Add foil and insert through the Minc machine and again beauty will appear!


The Seasons Greetings die by Quietfire and Elizabeth Craft is easily cut and foiled to create that fabulous card!

I hope the Minc is on your Christmas list this year!




No comments: