Friday, November 27, 2009

And so the Countdown Begins!

It's almost December 1 and if your household is anything like mine, we start decorating for Christmas and we count down the days to Christmas. This year, I decided to make a project that I have wanted to for years but never had time! LOL A set of countdown blocks! It would help build the anticipation and excitement for my girls and help my littlest with counting backwards.

Here are my countdown blocks.


The blocks are from Making Memories; they are called Photo Cubes. (Sandy did carry these and if you are interested, send her a quick email.) Other supplies are as follows: My Minds' Eye (pattern paper); Daisy Bucket (chipboard plaque); unknown source (alphas, pattern paper scraps from previous Scrap Shotz kits, various accents); Tattered Angels glimmer mist; Close To My Heart and Kaisercraft (gems); American Crafts (silver photo corners); Basic Grey (alphas on plaque); Fancy Pants (chipboard holly).

Here is a close-up of the plaque.


The chipboard alphas are from Basic Grey - Periphery line and have been liberally sprayed with glimmer mist!

And a close-up of the countdown blocks.


The number sequence on the blocks are 0 to 5 for the first block and 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 for the second block. Choose a 6 that can be flipped to look like a 9.

I hope I have inspired you to get into the Christmas spirit! If you make a set of countdown blocks, please link me up!

8 comments:

Jess said...

Love this idea V! Great work!

Liz said...

How sweet is this!!

Ellen said...

those are too cute V!! bet the girls love them!

Lorraine said...

Cute project, V!

MidniteScrapper said...

Great idea!

Heather M. said...

these are totally awesome, v! great idea!

Tanya C said...

what a great idea - I will definitely be stealing this!

Anonymous said...

I love this V... what a great idea. I think I just might have to make one myself.
Laurie
(wally)