Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Make it a Double, Even with a Single

Are you a double-page Scrapbooker? 

From my perhaps too many numerous strolls on social media these past few weeks, it looks like most of us stick to a single page layout. Once in while we dabble into doubles, but it is definitely easier to create something up to 12x12 vs as big as 24x12. At least for me, for sure. 

When you do dabble, how do you create a cohesive double page layout when our kits generally only come with 1 piece of each pattern paper? No problem, stretch the pattern with the coordinating cardstock in your kit! 



The wood background with watercolour florals was by far my favourite pattern in the April Kit and I wanted to showcase it on both sides of this double page layout. 

Inspired by the wood slates of the pattern, I cut it into thick strips. I used a couple of these with some white cardstock from my stash to cover about 6+inches of both of the far edges of the layout. I simply glued it right onto the pink cardstock (also from the kit) my entire layout is anchored on. The bit of white showing between the strips of wood pattern gave me that much more coverage and I think really made the look pop too! 




I then spent the rest of my evening fussy cutting one of the amazing floral patterns and the tag pattern papers from the kit to tuck and layer and tuck some more in and around these photos. Finished it all off with some gold string from my stash in some of the tags, added some brads and chipboard from the kit and a little splatter or two of white acrylic mixed with just a touch of water.



Photo tip ... 

The photos are of are me and my sisters/bridesmaids getting ready the morning of my wedding. I didn’t care to capture the colour of my crazy fun orange shirt or the brown carpet in the hotel room  - I just wanted to remember the sentiment of the morning. Full disclosure, I was also a bit worried about how busy these photos plus all the kit goodies would feel. 

Drum roll...black and white to the rescue - gives the eye a place to rest with such a busy layout and portrays just the feelings of the photos, not our colourful outfits! 


Are you a double-page scraper? We would love to see! Tag @scrapshotz or #scrapshotz on social media. 


No comments: