Friday, May 22, 2020

Dive Into Summer - Part 2

Hello again! Carolyn back again with another Echo Park - Dive Into Summer layout. I really had fun putting this layout together.

I used the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine May sketch from the Facebook group. Here it is:
Ok, let's talk about that background, shall we? All you incredible card makers are always blending inks so I thought I would pull out my stash and have at 'er. I blended a yellow and orange for the sun and a blue above the waves. Why don't I do this more often? It was so easy and made the background exactly how I envisioned. I originally had a piece of cardstock in the back but it just didn't look right. Moral of the story - try something new or that you haven't tried in awhile!

I began the layout drawing waves and cutting them out. I realize now I should've probably added a third curly wave for balance but who's counting, right? I used two different papers so the different waves would stand out. I also distressed the edges so they pop a little off the page. I used a frame behind this little cluster in the picture. 

For the title, I cut a half circle from white paper and blended the inks to make a sun. Distressed the edges again. Some of the flags, tags and die cuts are from the ephemera pack and frames and tags pack. I used some foam dots to bring out the summer sticker. The brads are stick-ons and are my favourite part of this collection. (And there are still some in stock in the store - seriously, you won't regret picking these up). The final touch was some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine splattered on the page.

That's all for me today. I hope you have a lovely, scrappy weekend!




No comments: