Thursday, May 14, 2020

April Kit Pt.3: Home Sweet Home, Crafty Helper and More

Hello Friends!

I hope you've been enjoying all the Creative Team inspiration! 

Rosie back to share my final kit projects using the April kit, this is another Mother's Day layout I made with the kit, this one with myself and almost all my kids, lol...hard to have them all in the same room at the same time once they get jobs.


The centre of this layout was created during this Vicki Boutin FB live, with Distress Oxide Inks and the Altenew Painted Butterfly stamp and die set. The butterflies are also heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I stamped butterflies in with the same Oxide inks used for the "blown butterflies" and  die cut them with the matching die.


I cut the paper down and matted it on black card stock, the photo itself was also matted on black card stock and layered over plaid patterned paper from the kit which was back with Kraft and then black card stock. Kit chipboard, stickers, a brad and sparkly confetti embellish the layout.


I used one of my new purchases, embossing glaze, on this next project:


It was fun to document my son helping me stitch on a layout a couple of years ago.

I applied embossing ink with an embossing dauber to the edges of the library drawer, text patterned paper and the title and sub-title die cuts.


I then applied Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Glaze  and set with a heat tool.


I love the extra interest it gives along the edges.

Now for a few more cards :)


So easy to combine patterns when using a paper line, everything coordinates very easily as you can see from the card on the top. 

The bottom card has a patterned paper base matted on card stock and I used a combination of the chipboard, die cut and sticker hoops, the "hangers" are hand drawn with a black marker and the sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background Set. This is a great set, it stamps 18 varied sentiments that you die cut with the matching die. I stamped, die cut and then keep them in a ziplock bag and pull one out when I need one!


A little shine is added with PPP confetti, you can use anything shiny from your stash :).

When I saw this paper I decided I wanted to fussy cut some blooms:


Once the fussy cutting was done I cut a piece of card stock into a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" notecard. 
Next, I taped it to the Nicole Wright Designs Circlet Stencil and applied Mother of PearlNuvo Embellishment Mousse through the stencil.


I then arranged the fussy cut blooms to my satisfaction, adhered the larger with foam adhesive and the other two with liquid adhesive. A kit brad and enamel dots complete the card accents.



Thanks again for stopping in and please share your Scrap Shotz kit projects on the Scrap Shotz FB page or in the Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting Friends Facebook Group OR @scrapshotz, #scrapshotzkitmembers on Instagram.

Happy Crafting!




No comments: