Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Colour Blocking to Use All the Embellishments

When the new Noteworthy collection from PinkFresh Studio arrives in your mailbox from Scrap Shotz - you find a way to use every cute embellishment...

There is nothing whimsical about this COVID-19 pandemic but I refuse to let my scrapbooker display the morose mood in the air - instead, I will design my pages focusing on the good things this has brought to our home and journal the hard stuff in some hidden way. 

With this in mind, I set out to use every cute embellishment I could from the Noteworthy collection using colour blocking.


I split my page into quadrants, sewed a bunch of times down the middle of the 4 quadrants, picked 4 colours that show up most on the collection and painted each section a different collection - then added every embellishment that matched that colour. 






I tried to use a few enamel dots, some of the stickers, and the puffy stickers in each quadrant to give a touch of texture. The chance to use little couches and potted plants and coffee mug puffies was to fun to pass up! 

I used the white alphas to add a COVID word that comes to mind in each quadrant and the little together piece from the layered stickers as my title. I love how it turned out - happy and bright! 

Looking to use up all those embellishments in a kit or collection, try colour blocking. You do not need watercolour paint to do it either - try just for 3x3 pattern papers, or strips of paper or circles and more. Simply pick a few colours and then, without overthinking, bring in every embellishment of that colour to match. 

Have fun! 


No comments: