Monday, April 20, 2020

Distress Crayon, Wish Big & Stamping Village Tutorial

Hello All!

Rosie back with a quick tutorial using a seldom used supply from my stash, Distress Crayons!


After stamping a couple of backgrounds on watercolour paper with Gina K Amalgam Ink I came across this youTube video using Distress Crayons. 


I pulled out all my crayons and picked out "rainbow" colours...
-Candied Apple
-Carved Pumpkin
-Mustard Seed
-Mowed Lawn
-Salty Ocean
-Seedless Preserves

Beginning in the top left corner I scribbled the crayons in rainbow order diagonally down the paper to the lower right hand corner.


Once the entire paper is covered, take a baby wipe and wipe in the direction the crayon is applied from top left, diagonally, to bottom right blending the colours along the way.



After drying with a heat tool, I wanted to darken the colours up so I applied another layer of crayon and blended again with a clean baby wipe.


After blending and drying, I spritzed the card front with Altenew Iridescent Ink Spray




I created a frame with layered rectangle dies and die cut from the center of the panel. I stamped the sentiment on white card stock inside the "frame". Sentiment is from the Stamping Village Happy Birthday stamp set and watercolored with distress crayons.

The outer card front is adhered with foam adhesive and then embellished with Studio Katia Clear Drops.


Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting!



No comments: