Thursday, April 2, 2020

Three Easy Birthday Cards!

Hello Scrap Shotz Friends!

Rosie here to share some very easy birthday cards with you but first, how are you all doing? Our schools and all non-essential businesses are shut down so we are working hard to "flatten the curve".

We trust you are all keeping safe and healthy and a big thank you and hugs to all those who are on the front lines from the first responders, to the nurses and doctors in the clinics and hospitals, to the friendly voices at the other end of the phone of 311, 811, 911 whatever the emergency/covid information number is in your area!

I am using some great Taylored Expression products which make cards simple and easy to create.


I used the following products to create these cards:


The Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Stamp Set Background, Taylored Expressions-Simple Strips Die, Taylored Expressions-Simple Strips Backer Die and Hero Arts Wish Big Peek-a-Boo Parts Stamp Set (there will be future projects on the blog using this set so subscribe to make sure you don't miss them :) )

In the back of my mind I had decided to cut a rainbow selection of card stock using the Simple Strips Backer Die:


Prior to cutting the coloured card stock, I stamped the sentiments with the Simple Strips Background Stamp Set in Gina K Amalgam Jet Black ink:





After stamping, I die cut the sentiments with the matching Simple Strips Die:


And in one die cut pass you have 18 various sentiments to use...you can also find:

You can stamp all the above sentiments and die cut with the same die!
There is now a Simple Strips Backer Die which creates a banner "mat" behind each sentiment so you cut 18 "mats" all at the same time with the die.



I used the die with card stock in rainbow colours. You will need to use extended cutting plates as this die measures approximately 8 1/4". Your cutting machine may come with an extended base but not plates.

I created my first card by just laying out die cut strips in rainbow order:


Then I picked out the sentiment I wanted to use and the corresponding die cut mat, embellished with a few Studio Katia sequins and here is the final result:


For this next card I stamped the Hero Arts-Wish Big Peek-A-Boo Parts stamp on white card stock in Gina K Amalgam Jet Black Ink:



Happy Birthday is stamped from the Hero Arts set and the banners are cut in half to create a "wreath" around the sentiment.

Once the banner pieces are adhered with liquid glue, I add foam adhesive to pop up the sentiment.


 A few Studio Katia gems from my stash finish this card off.

This final card, also uses Simple Strips Backer Die cuts for the card front which shows how versatile this die is as the die cuts can be used on their own to create a background or mat stamped sentiments.


I alternated the die cut strips and easily matted the die cut sentiment with the matching die cut. I added some sparkle and shine with bling from my stash.

1 comment:

Leah Michael said...

I enjoyed this post thanks for sharing