Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Wish Big Peek A Boo Birthday Cards


Hi Scrap Shotz Friends!

Hope you all had an enjoyable Easter in spite of the current circumstances!

I had the opportunity to play with the Hero Arts Wish Big Peek a Boo stamp set. This is a background sized stamp set that can be used with the Hero Arts Peek a Boo Doors die. This die coordinates the Mail Jumble background stamp and the Present background stamp as well .

Let's take a look at my first card:


I stamped the background on copic friendly paper in Memento black ink and then coloured the images with copic markers.

Once the colouring was completed I die cut with the Hero Arts Peek a Boo Door Die. I then placed the die cut on top of white card stock and traced each door with a pencil to plan out the interior stamping. This stamp set has small sentiments that fit perfectly within the die cut doors.


I placed the card stock in my Misti stamping tool added the sentiments within the penciled in boxes and stamped in black in with the stamping tool. The red hearts are from the Sunny Studio-Love Monkey stamp set which just happens to be on sale right now!
After erasing the pencil lines I adhered the die cut panel to the stamped base with foam adhesive, cutting the adhesive with Tim Holtz Non-Stick scissors.


There are so many ways to use this set with and without the peek a boo die and these next two cards will show you how easy it is to create something lovely without the die :)


For these cards I stamped the background stamp on copic friendly white card stock and then cut the stamped card stock in half diagonally.

I coloured one half in blues and the other in reds to create the bases for two cards.


I added a blue card stock strip behind the coloured portion and adhered them both on to blue patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Rainbow Scallops paper pad. Prior to adding the Studio Katia Clear Drops .

I stamped the birthday sentiment with the Altenew Birthday Greetings stamp set (not currently in store but can be special ordered, email sandy@scrapshotz.com to order).

I then created the same card with the other half of the panel coloured in reds in the same manner:


The copic coloured panel is adhered to Lawn Fawn 6x6 Hello Sunshine Remix paper and then glued to a white card base.

This is a great stamp set for birthday cards of any age and gender!

Happy Crafting!


No comments: