Sunday, January 8, 2023

November Kit Catch Up, Garden Shoppe by Paige Taylor Evans


Happy new year everyone! Cold and rainy days here in West Coast Canada has me reaching for the brightest kits in my stash … well hello November Kit featuring Paige Taylor Evans, Garden Shoppe! All the colours of the rainbow, fun patterns, cute embellishments and more.

I decided to pair all my November kit layouts with a cutfile from Peartree Cutfiles. I cut the files in Bazzill Basics Paper, Avalanche and love how the bright white makes the colours of the kit pop even more! 

Hot Air Balloons 

I started this layout by backing the Peartree Cutfile A Sky Full of Balloons with a bunch of different papers from the Kit - a chance to showcase all the great patterns. I backed the clouds with Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum. I popped it all up on foam dots and put it on this fun minimalist polka dot pattern. 

From there I added a couple of photos to the right, backed with a few layers of pattern paper and some embellishments. The pattern balloons were doing so much design work there wasn’t any pressure to add too much. I added a few phrases on the top left, a strip of pattern on the top and bottom, and a few little bees here and there. 

Hello You 


For my next layout, I reached for the farm inspired elements in the Kit and the Peartree Cutfiles Hello You file. I had these photos from a petting zoo where the animals were pressing their faces out of the fence looking for treats and the Hello You seemed a perfect title. 

I really liked the green plaid pattern for this one. I ripped it in half and paired it with the coordinating Bazzill Basics Paper in the Kit in that great mustard colour. I backed the ‘You’ in the cutfile with the dark floral pattern paper from the Kit then popped the title up on the green plaid. I first added a few splatters to the paper with some watered down Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops


Before I added my photos to the cardstock along the broom of the page I stamped ‘photo op’ over and over using Star On in Black. The animals looked like there were trying to get in the photo so seemed fitting! I finished off with some embellishments here and there. 

Florals for the Win


For this layout, I was inspired by all the leaves in the Kit so grabbed this awesome pattern and reached for a Vicki Boutin Color Study Hello and Vicki Boutin Sweet Rush Sunshine stamp set. I stamped a cascade of flowers and leaves down the left side balanced with a couple on the right. I used the same floral stamp and some fussy cutting scissors to make matching embellishments. 


I cut a bunch of the Peartree Cutfiles Leafy Outlines so I could pair a couple of these with the leaves from the Kit with each of the floral embellishments. Before adhering things down, I added some Ebony Black splatters using watered down Nuvo Crystal Drops

I added two 2x3 photos of our pup walking in the leaves - was feeling the autumn vibes on this one - and a bunch of the gold puffy hearts peeking around the flowers. 

Tag us on Instagram or drop your creations in our Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting Group on Facebook so we can ohh and ahh. 






No comments: