Thursday, January 19, 2023

49 and Market - Plum Grove - Cards

Hello! Lorraine with you today, sharing some cards made with this amazing line from 49 and Market. The line was the December kit from Scrapshotz, and this weekend I picked up some of the additional elements of the line and created cards.


I love the colors of this and the paper quality is nothing short of amazing! With this card I matted and embellished with purple, bringing out the rich colors of the patterned paper in the 6x8 Paper Collection. I stamped the sentiment with Distress Ink directly on the background and embossed over top of it with clear embossing powder. The only embellishment is a bloom from the Laser Cut Outs. The quality of paper and the intricate designs in the cut outs are so easy to work with. 

I was able to put foam under the bloom and then cover it with glossy accents to bring it out even more. I love the subtle depth that the bloom gives the card. 

This card uses another sheet of the heavy cardstock in the 6x8 pack, as well as a bloom from the laser cut outs. 

Changing up the color but using the same simple ideas with the laser cuts, I kept these blooms just raised a small amount by rolling up glue dots to put under them.

The depth is really subtle and the blooms fit perfectly with the patterns of the background.

Changing the mood slightly, I created a one layer encouragement card, using a Pinkfresh Foiled Sentiment. I love having these on hand. Just a few drops of Metallic Silver Lining Nuvo Crystal Drops and some metallic thread, and my card is done!

I popped up this cut out with a thinner foam square. Copper Penny Nuvo Drops were used for the embellishments and the sentiment is from Simple Strips from Taylored Expressions.


And finally, I created this simple Happy Birthday card using a stamp from Studio Katia, layered laser cuts and more Copper Penny Nuvo Drops. I felt that the black sentiment was too harsh for the mood of the card, so I doodled a bit of white pen on top of it to soften it a bit. Again, putting a little Glossy Accents on the blooms made them shine and pop over the leaves. The stripe is a piece of cardstock cut off of the background that grounds the design.

Check out the wonderful 49 and Market Plum Grove items in the store. They won't disappoint!!!








 

No comments: