Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Altenew Doodle Bouquet Stamp and Die

 Hello Scrap Shotz Friends!

Rosie here to share some fun card projects using the Altenew Doodle Bouquet stamp and die set

This is a large 6x8 stamp set and the image will fill an A2 card front or, if you like creating 5"x7" cards, it's perfect for that size!

There are two single blooms in this set and I stamped them in a light colour of ink and then coloured with Copic markers for a no line colouring look. I inked one side of the Altenew Gem Pattern 3D Embossing Folder with Altenew Antique Gold Pigment ink and then embossed a white card front. The blooms are cut with the coordinating die and layered over leaves die cut with the Pinkfresh Studios Curvy Leaves Die.


This set has 6 great sentiments which pair well with the size of the image. I embellished with a few Altenew Satin Gold Sequins.

I picked up the new Altenew Artist's Goauche Strolling Through New York paints and decided to try them out with my Gel Press Plate. I'll be doing a video with these paints and will share more about them soon!

The large bouquet image is stamped and heat embossed with Altenew Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder on watercolour card stock. I placed my gel press plate in my Misti stamping tool, applied Coral Red and Baby Pink gouache randomly, added a little Altenew Warm Sunshine watercolour brush marker, blended with a brayer and "stamped" the plate over the embossed card stock I also placed in my stamping tool. This results in a 'negative' image left on the plate as the embossed lines resist the ink on the plate. 

What does that mean exactly? Well, you can stamp the remaining ink on the gel plate onto white card stock creating another gel press background. Here are a few examples I created:

Again, I'll be sharing this in a video coming soon so you can see this technique in action!

Back to the card...I kept it simple to show off the background, trimming and matting on black cardstock and then using a simple die cut sentiment from the Altenew Versatile Greetings Die Set.


Here's a mini slim card I created, this time combining Altenew Sunkissed ink and Coral Red gouache on the gel press plate.

Again I kept it simple and just embellished with a few Altenew Satin gold sequins.

The gel press plate background in this card didn't quite turn out how I wanted so I layered Spellbinders Brushed Gold card stock die cut with the Altenew Diamond Frame Cover die over top.

I again used leaves cut with that Pinkfresh Studios Curvy Leaves die with the small blooms from the stamp set. This time I embellished with a few Altenew Satin White Sequins and popped up the sentiment from the stamp set with foam adhesive.

This is a great stamp if you enjoy colouring and I coloured this with Copic markers and then added shading with coloured pencils. I finished it off with some white gel pen details.

I stamped the image along the top and bottom of the card front leaving an area in between to stamp the sentiment.

I hope you've enjoyed taking a look at what's possible with the stamp set. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: