Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Be Confident

Hello again and welcome back!

I'm here to share another project created with items available in the 
Amelia Rose Deluxe Kit from Scrap Shotz. My project is a mixed media reverse canvas.


I started with a deep canvas that I bought at the $ store. I applied some molding paste
 to the edges cover the staples and to add some texture.

After this layer was dry I then applied another layer of molding paste through
the Slate stencil from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous. 
I used the Iridescent Charcoal Kaiser Mist to spray the edges and sides of my canvas - this
 created a beautiful faux stone look.

The background is made with a couple of sheets of pattern paper from the  Amelia Rose kit - then splattered with a couple of sprays.

Next I took 3 of the journal cards and fussy cut the rose  portion out of 2 of the cards.

I layered the pieces together with 3D foam adhesive then adhered to the 
Parisian Arch Shutter from Prima.

To create the greenery I applied Iced Spruce Distress Oxide to a piece of watercolour paper and then die cut the floral arch from the Eileen Hull Die set - #662357.

It was time to assemble my focal point to my canvas.

The coordinating flowers from the Amelia Rose are gorgeous with just a touch of shimmer.

Here is my completed and fully assembled reverse canvas.

Thanks for stopping by today! Watch for a lot more inspiration to come from the Scrap Shotz Design Team next month when we reveal a brand new kit.


Products Used:

Prima Marketing - Parisian Arch Shutter
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Slate THS085
Eileen Hull/Sizzix - Floral Arch & Words #662357
Distress Paint - Spun Sugar
Distress Oxide - Iced Spruce
Perfect Pearls Mist - Forever Red
Molding Paste




1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Just beautiful, Julia!!