Monday, February 12, 2018

All the Good Things Scrap Shotz February Kit

Hello!

Rosie here, back to share a couple more projects I created with the Scrap Shotz February kit. It's been so much fun working with fellow Canadian Vicki Boutin's brand spanking new line😁. This bright and cheery line is also very versatile especially if you purchase some of the fabulous add ons and use Vicki products in your stash!

Let's take a look at my first project:


This layout was inspired by the blues in the photo which I did not use for this layout. I decided to use these Vicki Boutin paints on the Vicki Boutin Mixed Media paper with a Prima 12x12 stencil from my stash. 
The photo had me thinking about an ombre look so I spread Daiquiri Ice paint with a paper towel through my stencil. I then mixed Saltwater Taffy paint with Daiquiri Ice paint for the mid-tone blue again with a paper towel through the stencil. Lastly, I combined the Saltwater Taffy paint with the Plum Pudding paint to create the denim blue bottom portion.

Once dry, I trimmed the painted background on all 4 sides and adhered to a kit patterned paper. Here's a closer look at the layout: 


I fussy cut the birds from one of the kit patterned papers, popped them up and then coated with a Spectrum Noir glitter pen.

 Silver thread was added as an accent under the embellishment cluster.

I created a visual triangle with the dark orange paper from the top left of the photo to the bottom right, adding punched circles from the dark orange paper to the lower right edge of the photo


Here you can see how the black Thickers title pops on this stencilled paint background. 

Let's take a look at the upper left portion of the layout:


Fussy cut birds accent this portion of the layout and let's see if you can see the aforementioned sparkle pen on the birds:


Below is a close-up of the journal label and fussy cut accent layered over silver thread.


Here is one final look at the layout, I hope you've also noticed the Studio Katia Crystal Fusion sequins sprinkled throughout.


Next up is my kit sketch layout and this month the team is using this Stuck?! Sketches Feb.1 sketch:


and here is my version:


This photo has been hanging around my crafty area for a few months and the moment I saw this kit I knew I would use this photo with it.


You can see I stayed fairly close to the sketch, creating a "doily" out of kit patterned paper inked with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Ink and then spritzed with water.


Distress Ink Spray in Hickory Smoke was splattered on the ledger background paper along with Mr.Huey's Spray in Gold. Patterned paper punched circles, using a punch from my stash, frame the circular photo mat.


 I used Studio Katia Gold Foil sequins around the top left and bottom right portions of the layout.


These gold words are Thickers included in the kit.


Here is a close up look at the layout:


 My mind is still whirling with ideas for projects so keep tuned into the blog because I will be sharing them here.

Thanks for stopping in a taking a look😊.





No comments: