Saturday, October 29, 2022

Print Shop, Vicki Boutin - October Scrapbook Kit

I am loving playing with the new Print Shop collection from Vicki Boutin - this month’s scrapbook kit! All the amazing colours and florals and oh my! 



I decided to start my Print Shop adventure with a focus on the flowers and botanical ephemera. There is a great mix of florals, leaves and stems that make layering on a page super easy. Here we go … 

Monochromatic Botanicals


For the first layout I pulled all the blue, green and purple botanicals from the ephemera kit - I also picked out papers from the collection and corresponding cardstock go the same colour scheme. My idea was to feature the design on the top and bottom of the page with all the leaves and such ‘growing’ towards each other to fill the space between. 

I prepped the cardstock background with a bunch of repeated stamping with the word ‘beautiful places’ from a past Vicki Boutin stamp collection using Paper Rose Studio Premium Dye Ink in Intense Black. I also added some black splatters over the stamping using some Nuvo Crystal Drops, Black mixed with a touch of water. To add a touch of colour I splattered some Distress Ink in mowed lawn, crushed olive and peeled paint too. 


From there, I ripped some of the pattern paper to create an anchor for my photos on the top and bottom of the page - making sure to not cover all the stamping and splatters. I added my photos and then spent the next bit tucking and layering the ephemera I had put aside until it looked messy but somehow still organized. 


A little trick if you want to layer after the big stuff like photos and pattern paper are stuck down - only glue or tape down the very center of things so you have lots of room to tuck and layer behind. When it’s all in place you can go back and gently add a few more spots of glue to make sure it stays put. 

The title ‘perfect day’ was the final touch - I love how it’s nestled in with the leaves and stems! 

Overflowing Envelopes


For my next layout I had an idea to create a line of envelopes all overflowing with florals and butterflies. I had three photos of me and my wee niece where she tried to take the selfie of us that make me laugh so much. I thought the ‘overflowing’ design would be a way to how my love this little peanut often feels the same. 

I selected a few of my favourite patterns from the collection and used my Big Shot and the little envelope die from Paper Rose Studio to create 4 envelopes - they are sort of hard to see in the final layout, I may have overflowed the overflowing look.

I selected this text pattern from the kit so there was some pattern but nothing that would overwhelm the envelopes. I prepped the background with the repeated heart stencil from the collection using Distress Ink in scattered straw, saltwater taffy and a touch of crushed olive. First rubbing the inks through the stencil randomly so they blended here and there and second as light splatters across the page. The text pattern already has some black splatters,  so I added a few more to bring some more black in. 

 

I adhered the 4 envelopes across the hearts and added my 3 photos, then just started tucking and playing with the florals from the die cuts, stickers and chipboard stickers in the kit. A few butterflies here and there added some contrast. Finally I added the title from the phrase puffy stickers in the collection for a pop of black. 


I am off to play some more! There is a whole pattern paper of cut apart tags that I have my eye on - be back soon to show you what I come up with. 




1 comment:

Rosie said...

Oh I love how you used the stencil over the text paper, very clever!