Sunday, October 30, 2022

Print Shop, Vicki Boutin - October Scrapbook Kit - Continued


The new Print Shop collection from Vicki Boutin is this month’s scrapbook kit and wow is it fun to play with! 

I love how much variety Vicki includes in her collections - this one feature florals and snails to scissors and paint splatters. There are so many memories you can document with that range of goodies! 

Cardstock Grid Layout 


For this layout I wanted to showcase this fantastic coordinating cardstock in this month’s kit - what a colour! I had to add a little mixed media to bring the ‘me’ to the design so reached for the kit’s circle stencil and some Distress Inks. 

Using a ruler I drew a line down the middle of the page horizontally and vertically using a couple of different widths of journal pens to create the grid. Then I used the circle stencil and a random combination of Distress Ink stormy sky, crushed olive, saltwater taffy and a bit of black soot to add pattern to each grid square. 

I didn’t worry too much about how much of each colour I used and purposely made sure it was a bit uneven so it was a little messy. I finished off with the plus sign stamps with Paper Rose Studio, Premium Dye Ink in Intense Black and some black splatters. 

After that I created a cluster of pattern paper behind each of the three photographs and dropped them into one of the grid squares. Making sure each cluster included one of the cut apart tags. Then the real fun begins - embellishments! I had so much fun tucking things here and there until it looked busy. 

All the Patterns 

For this next layout I reached for all of my favourite patterns from the kit and made strips of paper 6 inches wide and of varying heights (about 2 inches each). I wanted to create a cascade of paper strips all messy down the middle of the page to give me lots of places to tuck embellishments. 

Before adhering the strips down, I used a paper punch to give one edge a notebook journal edge. I also used my ruler and a journal pen to create some random stripes across the paper strips. Once adhered down, I went through and added any embellishment that was about creating, making, being awesome and even the cardstock scissors found a home tucked in the layers of pattern paper for this one. 

I have lots of goodies left to play with and you can bet this kit will be on my desk for a while yet - such fun! 

You can also check out the first two layouts I made at Print Shop, Vicki Boutin - October Scrapbook Kit - these ones focused on the floral and botanical ephemera. 

If you are playing with the kit, we would love to see! Pop your creations up on the Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting Facebook Group or tag us on Instagram so we can ohh and ahh! 

 

 

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Great layouts! So much inspiration!