Friday, March 19, 2021

Well Hello Today


Are you one of the lucky ones who has the Simple Stories, Hello Today in your stash? This super fun collection is near all sold out from the Scrap Shotz shop, so a bunch of us do. I blame my need to have this collection on Design Team member Karla! Her layouts were so inspiring, I had to have it too and ohh I am loving playing with this one! 

All the Numbers  


For my first layout I started with a Bazzill Cardstock, Raven and some Picket Fence, Paper Glaze in Black Pansy and a Tim Holtz number stencil - inspired by the numbers in the Hello Today collection. I wasn’t sure if the black glaze would shop up on the black background but it sure does and wow I love it - a nice subtle touch of texture and shine.


From there I found this fantastic photo oh my littlest brother,  printed in black and white, and just had fun tucking and adding any of the die cuts or stickers that were numbers. I wanted to create this sort of  ‘all the ways I love ya bro and think you are one of the coolest humans I know’ sort of idea.

I was a little torn on if I could pull off the black and white flowers but I think it totally works for the memory and story. Some white splatters to finish it off (seems I need something messy on every layout) and I love it! 


 
All About the Title 


For some reason anytime I see a pattern paper or embellishment with a lot of orange, especially when paired with yellow or red, I think retro and I think bowling. Perfect! I had some cool Instax bowling photos to document! 

Inspired by the ‘Hello today’ die cut in the Hello Today Page Pieces I decided to anchor the entire design on this title. I ripped a couple of my favourite pattern papers for the bottom of the page and then started added the photos and little layers here and there all around the title. I used some Tonic, Nuvo Crystal Dots in Moroccan Red as paint to add a little colour behind all this goodness. 


There was a little too much white space above all this good stuff so I added a little bit of a confetti look up top with some die cuts, chipboard pieces including some cute hearts, and of course splatters. 



All the Circles 

For this layout I was inspired by the die cut circles for each month in the collection! So cute! So I grabbed a circle stencil from my stash and used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in matching colours to the collection and a Ranger Blending Tool to create a multi coloured background. 

From there it was a matter of playing with the circle die cuts and my photos to bring it all together. I used these bold black foam alphas from my stash and some cheeky Tim Holtz phrase stickers in black to bring a little drama to the page - I love the pops of black. 



Such a fun collection to play with. If you had the chance to grab some of these goodies from the shop, we would love to see your projects. Drop your project onto the Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting FaceBookGroup or tag is @scrapshotz on Instagram! 







No comments: