Monday, March 15, 2021

February Kit Layouts with Simple Stories Vintage Cottage Fields

 Hello everyone! Carolyn here today with 2 layouts using the February kit. The kit is full of Simple Stories "Vintage Cottage Fields". This collection has lots of flowers and butterflies and a mixed media feel to many of the papers. 


My first layout was inspired by the butterflies on the paper. I tried to keep the titles, pictures and embellishments in the same colour as the butterflies. I'm always so excited when I can get 5 photos on a layout! This was also super easy to make. All I had to do was back the photos with cardstock and arrange my chipboard and brad stickers around the journaling. Those title stickers are my favourite part of the kit.


My second layout is inspired by the March sketch in the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Sketchy Facebook Group. Here is the sketch:
What I like about this sketch is that I could use 2 of the cut apart cards in the paper pack. I also got to use all the cardstock in the kit. The black matting of the pictures helped them to not get lost on the page. The bottom photo looked a little weird without some extra matting. I got to use a little bit of everything on this layout. In addition to the kit elements used in the first layout, I also used the layered stickers (kit add-on), washi tape and die cuts. A few are elevated with foam stickers.

Thanks for looking! I'll be back on Thursday with some more kit creations.

No comments: