Friday, March 5, 2021

Mama Elephant Easy Sentiments

 Hello! 

Rosie back with two cards using the Mama Elephant Easy Sentiments stamp set. Here's a look a the set itself:


I decided to try out a technique from Jennifer McGuire and use the sentiments as a background.


Please click on the image to see it close up as it's a little hard to see the background. 

I stamped the sentiments multiple times with an ink colour similar to the Lawn Fawn Rainforest card stock* (please note that items marked with an asterisk are not currently in the store but can be special ordered). I then added Lawn Fawn Yeti Pigment ink through the Altenew Molded Lines stencil. 

Next time I try this I'm going to reverse my process and ink the stencil with ink similar to the card stock colour and stamp the sentiments with white pigment ink.


I used the Altenew Fancy Hello die to cut out of Altenew Gold Mirror card stock* and 3 times from white card stock which I layered together to add some dimension. 

I also cut "hello" from the card front, gluing the negative pieces back in to create a stacked inlaid sentiment.
The pierced scallops were created with the Mama Elephant Fine Trimmings die and some Studio Katia Gold Foil sequins finish this off.


This card uses the same Easy Sentiments stamp set as well as the Mini Everyday Messages set.
After stamping the sentiment background, I added Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste through the Vicki Boutin Starstruck stencil.

I die cut the star window with some star dies I had in my stash and the 'happy birthday' with the Cause for Celebration dies from My Favorite Things, it's so old I don't even think they make it anymore.


So easy and fun to create a background with sentiment stamps, I'm looking forward to making more cards using this technique.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Tammy L said...

I love the backgrounds on these. I never thought to use the stamp like that before!