Thursday, February 11, 2021

Using Sketches with the Simple Stories Hello Today Collection!

 Hello friends! Karla back today with two layouts using the amazing Hello Today collection from Simple Stories! I just love how they've created this collection!! You can use the 12x12 Collection Pack, which comes with a paper for each month of the year and a full size sticker sheet, to do a whole year's worth of scrapbooking. You can cut apart the wonderful journaling cards and use them in a Flipbook or Project Life type pocket album - or you can use them on 12x12 layouts as I'm doing here!! Or if you decided you wanted to use the B sides you'll find beautiful patterns to mix and match. You can find a VIDEO below so you'll see exactly how this page came together! (Plus be sure to read to the bottom where you can find more exciting NEWS!)


I decided to use both the sketches from January and February for my layouts! First up - and I love this design - is the January Sketch from the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Sketchy Challenge Facebook Group!

I love the foam letters and I love how well they stick to the page!! There are so many great elements in this collection - images you'll definitely be able to use all year! You can even pick up the 12x12 Combo Sticker Sheet separately - or if you want an extra with your collection pack ;) 



I love this sketch for placing my photos in a grid! I printed my photos with my Canon Selphy, using the Project Life app to collage them to 3x4's. My daughter got a new Instax Printer for Christmas and she sweetly gave me her little Polaroid pic!


I combined Bits & Pieces Ephemera with Puffy Stickers and the amazing (it's huge!!) Sticker Book for lots of fun details around the page! 


I added some splashes of Distress Oxide Sprays in Lucky Clover and Speckled Egg as well as some of the awesome Avery Elle White Ink Spray for a splash of colour! 


Be sure to check out the Process VIDEO HERE!


I was having so much fun with this collection that I had to do a second 12x12 layout with the January Paper from the 12x12 Collection Pack and all the fun coordinating accessories! This page is actually one using photos in December - but you can see it's easy to mix and match cards from the sheets of patterned paper. 


Here's a look at the February Sketch! I would never have thought to do a title wrapping around my photos - but I love how it turned out!


I used a 6x8 sheet of the Paper Pad to mat my photos on and grabbed stickers to create my title. The 'Birthday' word is actually from a Thickers set from my stash - but I felt like the colours matched so I went for it! 


I added some stickers from the amazing Sticker Book and 12x12 Sticker Sheet (either from the Collection Pack or purchased separately) and layered pretty flowers and a border sticker.


I decided to add in a bit of mixed media with the Lucky Clover and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Sprays again and then continued my title elements around.


I wrote in my journaling on one of the cut apart cards that actually said 'Goals' at the top - and since I didn't want that on this page I used the numbers from the Bits & Pieces Ephemera to layer on. I really love that I actually did a page about me, hehe!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I'll be back next week to share how I'm using this collection in a 2021 Flipbook as well. Be sure to check out the Hello Today collection in the Scrap Shotz Store! Remember - if anything is out of stock you can sign up to be notified by email as soon as it is back in!!

And don't forget today is our Facebook Live at 3 pm MST!! That means I'll be showing you lots of new goodies we have in the store AND we will make a fun card today using Deco Foil and Toner Sheets - along with some adorable Mama Elephant Toasty Friends stamps!! 

And PS 😉 We are having a fabulous FREE Online Crop in our Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting Facebook Group on February 19th & 20th!! Be sure to join the group so you don't miss out! Have a wonderful week and weekend ahead friends!




No comments: