Monday, February 15, 2021

2021 Flipbook using Simple Stories Hello Today Collection!

 Hello friends! Karla back today with a look at the flipbook I'm creating for 2021 using the Hello Today collection from Simple Stories! I really am loving working with this collection and my plan is to use each monthly cut apart page included in the 12x12 Collection Pack for a spread in the flipbook and then the rest as a couple of 12x12 scrapbook layouts. So far this has been an easy process and, since there are tons of embellishments to choose from, I am loving mixing and matching it all! If you missed my post from last week where I created two layouts from the January cut apart page you can find that HERE. Here's a look at the front of the album. I love these Flipbooks because you can add as many pages as you like! I pulled a 6x8 piece of paper from the  Paper Pad to decorate the cover and added some stickers and ephemera along with a ribbon from my stash.

 

The Flipbook comes with a selection of page protectors and I used the full size 6x8 one to add another piece of paper from the Paper Pad. I used some more chipboard and stickers to decorate the page. There are so many sticker options including the Puffy StickersSticker Book, Chipboard Stickers and Combo Sticker Sheet (which also comes in the 12x12 Collection Pack).


Here is the January layout and you can see you can easily design these as you would a mini page (as in the 6x8 page on the left) or pocket pages. I cut apart the journaling cards and then embellished with more stickers, Bits & Pieces Ephemera and Foam Stickers. 


Here is a look at the February spread. I decided to make these page more about Valentines and focus on the hearts, but it definitely is not Valentine themed and you could add any elements and stickers from all the fun embellishments. 


The left page is a 3x4/4x6 pocket page layout and I first cut apart the journaling cards from the 12x12 sheet in the Collection Pack. I layered my photo on some of the paper from the Paper Pad and added a sticker from the Sticker Book along with a puffy Love sticker. I grabbed a little valentine paper and fussy cut it to add with the Bits & Pieces Ephemera flowers on the heart journaling card.


I added a Happy Valentines Day strip from my stash and journaled on this fun card. I printed some of my photos at a 2x3" size so I could use more of them on these pages. The Rise & Shine sticker was just right to add to the delicious breakfast pic! You can also find the Chipboard Frames and Simple Pages Elements in the shop now too!


Here's a look at the Live Video I shared on Facebook where you can see all these goodies and how to make the January Page closeup! 


If you didn't already know, we are having a fabulous FREE Online Crop in our Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting Facebook Group on February 19th & 20th!! Be sure to join the group so you don't miss out! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Be sure to check out the Hello Today collection in the Scrap Shotz Store! Remember - if anything is out of stock you can sign up to be notified by email as soon as it is back in! Have a wonderful week and weekend ahead friends, and happy scrapping!


No comments: