Thursday, June 18, 2020

Over the Rainbow

Hello Crafting Friends!

Rosie back with a couple of rainbow cards using the Altenew Over the Rainbow stencil


You must have a spray adhesive to for this stencil as the lines in between each individual rainbow are quite flexible, they will move very easily if they're not held down with spray adhesive. I used Pixie Spray which will hold the stencil in place but not tear the paper when you remove it. Even still, I had a bit of overlap as you can see in the card above


After stencilling the rainbo, in of course, rainbow colour order I trimmed the rainbow, mounted it on black card stock and then popped it up with foam adhesive on a card front which was also stencilled. You just see the peek of violet ink along the bottom edge of the rainbow.

I also popped up the sentiment on white card stock across the rainbow and added a bit of shine with Studio Katia Iridescent Bubbles.

Next up is a "monochromatic" rainbow.


I inked the individual rainbows with the Altenew Deep Blue Seas mini cube set: Sea Breeze, Tide Blue, Turquoise and Starlight.
The white spaces are much more crisp in this card because I laid the stencil over masking paper, cut out the insides and then masked the strips on either side of the area I was inking.



I stamped the sentiment directly over the rainbow with Altenew Jet Black ink for the outline and the halftone inside with Altenew Cloudy Night ink. It's from the Altenew Halftone Everything Stamp set which is not in stock, but the Halftone Thanks is in the store and will give you a similar look.

Lastly, I embellished with Wendy Vecchi Enamel Accents in Forget-Me-Not. You'll see the silver hexagon in the upper right...I used that die cut to cover up a blob of enamel accent and saved the card :). No mistakes just crafty opportunities!

Happy Crafting!




No comments: