Saturday, June 20, 2020

Elevate a Stencil: Two Ways

Hello!

Rosie here, with two ways to elevate the look of a stencil. 

I'm using the Altenew Patchwork Kite Stencil so let's take a look at the first card and I'll walk you through its construction. You can click on the image to see it full size.


To start I sprayed Removable Pixie Spray on the back of the stencil then placed on white card stock and inked the card front with Altenew Crisp Dye inks in rainbow order. My apologies but I forgot to write down the exact ink colours.


After ensuring all the ink is wiped off the stencil I applied Vicki Boutin Iridescent Texture Paste over top with the Nuvo Media Spatula.


You could use Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste or Gina K Iridescent Glitz Glitter Gel if you don't have the Vicki Boutin paste.


I die cut 'Hello' from the Altenew Hugs and Hello Die Set, it comes with a shadow or mat for each word but I chose to use it without. I cut it three times from black card stock then stacked them together to create dimension.
Lastly, I embellished with Studio Katia Tiny Iridescent Bubbles.

The nice thing about using repositionable adhesive is you can shift the stencil. This stencil isn't specifically designed for shifting but you can do it.


I start with a A2 size note card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") inking the first layer with Sea Breeze ink, all inks are from the Altenew Deep Blue Sea cube ink set.


I then shift the stencil and ink again with Sea Breeze ink.


I shift and ink with Sea Breeze one more time for a total of 3 times, creating a subtle patchwork kite plaid.


I wanted to keep this a one layer card so I chose to stamp hugs from the Altenew Hugs and Hello stamp set which is currently out of stock. 

If you would like this set and any of the other products not currently in the store, please email Sandy at info@scrapshotz.com with Altenew Order in the subject line with your requests :).


I prepped the card with my anti-static tool and then stamped hugs in black pigment ink, coated with clear embossing powder and heat set.

After I heat set I noticed that I stamped the sentiment over top of 'hugs' crooked so I took my ruler and fine point precision black pen and drew lines to connect the words with the phrase and sort of hide the mistake.


I added a few Nuvo Glitter Drops in Blue Lagoon to complete the card.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in.

Happy Crafting!






2 comments:

Tamara said...

What—I LOVE THIS! How did I miss it 😊 Such a great idea.

Quince de Abril said...

Thanks for the posst