Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Awesome, Hug and Hello: Altenew Mega Bloom Stencil

Hello Scrap Shotz peeps!

Rosie here sharing projects created with the Altenew Mega Bloom Stencil

This is a 6x6 stencil that will completely cover an A2 sized or 4 ¼" x 5 ½" card front.


I made two cards beginning with the foiled image.


I applied DecoFoil transfer gel through the stencil on a 6x6 piece of white card stock and set aside to dry, it takes about an hour to dry. Once it was dry I placed a sheet of Deco Foil Summer Rainbow Transfer sheet (cut down to 6x6) over the image and ran it through my Minc machine. An FYI, heat is required to transfer the foil with this medium. 

If you don't have a Minc you can use the Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo medium instead as it can be used with your die cutting machine to press the foil into the media.


This next card uses the off cuts from trimming the original 6x6 foiled panel down to a 4" x 5 ¼" panel.


I glued the strips over top of white card stock inked with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide ink through the Tim Holtz Gradient Dot Layering stencil.

I then inked white card stock with Abandoned Coral and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink and die cut 'hello' with the Photoplay Say It With Stamps Hello Die Set. It's adhered to the shadow die cut from black card stock and mounted on the card front with foam adhesive
Prior to gluing it down I sprayed it with Glitter Dust Aerosol Spray


For this card I inked the bloom with Altenew Chamomile and Snapdragon ink, adding pencil details with Prismacolor pencil crayons.
The sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Stamp Set Background, die cut with the coordinating Simple Strips Die and the sentiment "mat" die cut with the Simple Strips Backer Die.


I embellished the bloom with Studio Katia Gold Foil sequins.

I hope you've enjoyed these projects, I had a great time making them :).

Happy Crafting!



No comments: