Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Not Just For Cards: Patchwork Kite Stencil

Hi Friends!

I have the last two May product showcase products to share with you today. I am again using the Altenew Patchwork Kite stencil and sharing how it is use it on a 12x12 layout as well.


I placed the stencil on an angle after spraying with Pixie Spray and then applied Succulent Green Paper Glaze in the centre of the stencil and Cornflower Blue Paper Glaze towards the edge not quite taking it directly to the edge to avoid a harsh line.


I set the paper aside to dry and once dry, repeated the steps above creating a larger glazed area.

Once it was dry I began building the layout with Vicki Boutin All The Good Things word stickers, Thickers, die cuts and some fussy cut butterflies and birds from the paper line.


I chose embellishments with similar colours to the paper glaze, popping them up with foam tape. I also applied Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the large spots on the butterflies and the eye of the birds.


The phrase from the All the Good Things Gold Glitter Phrase is the title for the layout.


I inked a white card stock panel with Altenew Deep Blue Sea inks and then cut it on an angle and adhered to a white note card. I stamped the large image from the Altenew Paint-A-Flower: Rose on Vicki Boutin Foundations Heavyweight Mixed Media Paper. This stamp is not in the store, if you'd like to order please contact Sandy at info@scrapshotz.com with the subject line Altenew Order

I watercolored the image with Sea Breeze and Starlight ink from the Deep Blue Sea mini ink set.
Apply clean water to the image, then smoosh ink onto a glass mat or acrylic block, add a little water and paint on the blooms. The leaves and small florals are coloured with Lagoon and Citrus Burst watercolour brush markers from the Altenew Winter Wonderland watercolour brush marker set.


These Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear confetti are my favourite, I love using them and embellished this card with them as well.

I hope you've enjoyed a closer look at these Altenew stencils.

Happy Crafting!






1 comment:

Tamara said...

K this stencil is a must for me now—fabulous designs!