Monday, June 29, 2020

Cut file, shakers and Bloom Street - oh my!

Hello everyone! Carolyn back with a scrapbook layout using the May Kit. This kit is full of the Bloom Street Collection by Pink Paislee (Paige Taylor Evans). So I figured a Paige Evans cut file was in order. They can be purchased in the Silhouette Store or in her Etsy Shop.
Ok, so maybe this cut file was a little ambitious - it took a loooong time to back all those boxes. But no pain, no gain - right? I chose this design because I have so many pictures and need to get more than one on a layout if I'm ever going to scrap them all. I used a couple different papers for the backing. I prefer to trace the boxes, cut them out and then adhere them with a glue pen. Those smaller boxes were also perfect for using the 2x2 squares from the mini paper pad. There are 4 of them on there. I also have the mixed embellishment pack with flower sequins. To add some more interest, I made shaker pockets. Here is a close-up:
I had a plastic wrapper I wasn't using so I cut it to the correct size and glued the two open sides with my glue pen. I used lots of tape on the back of the layout to hold the smaller pieces and shakers in place. The picture also shows how I used pop dots to lift some of the stickers off the layout. The butterfly pack is also lots of fun because you can adjust the wings to make them look three dimensional.
To finish things off, I made a title using the puffy titles stickers. I had to break apart a few words to spell 'silly'. Let's hope I don't need those letters later! And how cute is that picture? I had to do a close-up. 

That's all for now. Have a scrappy week!