Monday, December 18, 2017

Cabin Fever is Right!!

Hello again everyone! It's Cathy here with my take on the December Monthly Kit sketch from Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. Here is the sketch we are following this month.



Here's my version of the sketch, featuring the Cabin Fever line from Carta Bella.

I used a picture that is about 7 years old, when my kids and I lived in Calgary and headed out to Zoolights.

I was afraid of the circles at first, since I do not have any of the cutting machines(just my handy Big Shot), but fear not.....there is much around your house you can use!! As you can see I had a variety of items to make my circles, and I heard from another DT member that pot lids are handy too!

A margarine lid, a cd and a lid from a Christmas banner.

For the background on my 12X12 sheet of blue, I used the TH stencil with white texture paste. Before the paste dried completely I sprinkled it with some Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder.

While I waited for the texture paste to dry, I inked all the edges on my circles.

Here are some of the details of the layout. The ephemera pack and the enamel dots are addicting!

The stay warm toque was cut out from one of the cards that comes on a 12X12 sheet in the paper pack.

I typed up my story and used the frame from the ephemera pack to highlight it.



Love the hint of sparkle and texture you can get just from adding a bit of Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder to texture paste.

I also did up a few more projects using the fantastic monthly kit.  I have two cards done up, using the cabin theme and the stickers that come in the paper pack. 

On this card I used one of the cut apart cards from the paper pack for the background and the cabin picture is also one of the cut apart cards. The cabin plaque is from the ephemera pack with a couple of enamel dots added.


To add a bit of sparkle on this one I used some Stickles along the roof and on the snow on the trees.

This card uses the cut apart cards as well and stickers from the paper pack. Loved the little cabin snowglobe and it fit just right on the pine cone piece.

And my last project for today is a small 6X6 canvas board done using the cut apart cards, and Distress Crayons for the edge.



All the snowflakes are done with patterned paper from Cabin Fever and the TH Thinlits Snowflakes.

A few enamel dots for dimension and one of the pretty amber brads for the center of "snow"

Did I mention I love the enamels dots?! They were perfect for the snowman's little cheeks.

Whew....that was a long one! Hope you all made it this far to see all the different things you can do with the amazing December Monthly Kit from Scrap Shotz!

Here are some quick links for you to take you to the products I used:

Have a great week everyone!! And best wishes for a wonderful holiday to you and yours!

Cathy


No comments: