Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Scrap Shotz September Kit Projects with Sylvie

Hi there!

I'm so excited to be sharing my first projects as part of the Scrap Shotz Design Team! I'm extremely honoured to be a part of this talented group. I love creating from a kit and I hope I'll be able to give you ideas on how to get the most our of yours.

The fact that the kit this month was the Carta Bella Transatlantic Travel line made me so happy.  I am in the middle of scrapbooking a recent trip to Cuba, and the minute I saw the collection, I knew it would work with photos we took on a sightseeing tour.



I loved the compass theme in this line, so I cut one using a Silhouette file.  I sprayed it with mist while it was still on the cutting mat. Once it was dry, I removed it from the mat and backed with some of the patterned paper.  For added dimension, I machine stitched the points on the compass. I used some old foam Thickers from my stash to create the title. I was inspired to use the quote from one of the 3x4 cards in the collection which worked so well with my compass. After that, there wasn't much embellishing that needed to be done.

I used an old arrow stamp to give a place for the Carta Bella stickers to rest.  I used some Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops in Midnight Blue (a kit extra) to make my own enamel dots.  I LOVE those!

Speaking of the Nuvo drops, the Crystal Glace is a very cool product and I used it to make embellishments for this next page.



I started by punching a 1 inch circle and then taping it to my work surface with regular scrapping adhesive.  This keeps the circle from curling.  Then I applied thin layers of the Glace over the entire surface of the circle.  It starts out cloudy, but dries clear.  After 3 coats, I created my own flair badge! This is when it is still cloudy. ;)




While those were drying, I took a piece of vellum from my stash and using the Echo Park embossing folder (a kit extra), created a piece of embossed vellum.  The pattern of the embossing folder created two columns of words, so I decided to cut the vellum in half vertically and placed it above and below my photo to make it look like a long strip.  I cut another Silhouette cut file to create a leafy pattern from the "Vintage Letters" paper and layered strips of paper along side it.  The title is also a Silhouette file that was cut from the cardstock in the kit. I embellished the page with some of the tags and two of my "flair badges".

So, that's it for me today!  I'll be sharing more work tomorrow, but thanks for stopping by.  For information on all the products in the kits, be sure to stop by the store.

Sylvie



2 comments:

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Absolutely lovely projects Sylvie!! So cool to have your trip that works perfect for this line! 😊

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Absolutely lovely projects Sylvie!! So cool to have your trip that works perfect for this line! 😊