Friday, September 15, 2017

Lawn Fawn: Perfectly Plaid Rainbow

Hello Everyone!

This month I am experimenting with some fabulous products, namely the Lawn Fawn: Perfectly Plaid Rainbow paper pack, a set of New Day Thickers, Darice Thanks embossing folder, crystal drops from Nuvo in Bottle Green and the Pink Flamingo floral package from 49 Market.

When I received my product, I gave a girly squeal of delight and yeah, a fist pump in the air too! My first project is a pop-up box card. I have been admiring these cards all over Instagram and decided to give it a go!

To make this card, cut a piece of cardstock to 8.5" x 12". Then score at 2.75", 5.5", 8.25" and 11" along the long side.

Next cut a 2"x12" strip off. From the short scored end, cut a 4.75" x 2" strip. Rotate the strip and cut into 1" strips. These 2-1" strips are the inserts within the box card.

With the 6.5"x12" piece of cardstock, score at 2.75"


Fold along the score lines. Now cut along the score lines to make the box flaps.



I decided to decorate my box and cut 8 - 2.75" x 2.75" of various pieces of pattern paper and another 8 - 2.75" x 3.75" of coordination pieces of pattern paper. Adhere the pattern pieces to the front and inside of the box card.




Now adhere the inserts.


As I am participating in The Daily Marker 30 Color Challenge, I have several left over copic colored images on my desk. I mixed and matched those images to create a fun and vibrant birthday card!



Of course I could not stop at one card so here is my second card!



Thank you for dropping by!

-Virginia

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Virginia, these boxes are adorable!