Saturday, September 2, 2017

More Scrap Shotz September Kit Projects


Hi! It's Rosie, sharing with you the remainder of my Scrap Shotz September monthly kit projects.
While this paper line is tailor made for travel photos, it can be used for other topics as you'll see in these next projects.

This first project is based on this fabulous sketch from Stuck?!Sketches and I am going to take you "behind the scenes" of the completed layout:



{photos by Prestige}

I've flipped the sketch upside down and began by applying Vicki Boutin Iridescent glaze  through a stencil from my stash.
 Next I chose 3 patterned papers, cut them down and inked the edges with a mini ink blending tool and Distress Ink in Black Soot.
 After inking the edges I moved the papers around until I liked the arrangement.
 I then chose and cut strips of paper for the title area in the upper left corner.
 After choosing the embellishments I experimented with various placements.
 Once I was happy with the placement of the embellishments I began adhering everything to the card stock with a combination of my tape runner, foam tape and liquid glue.


Lastly, I added liquid glue to the alphas for the title just to make sure they stay put 😊

I've also used a few leftover leaves from my double page layout you saw yesterday.

I've seen some pretty fabulous layouts on Instagram using triangles which inspired me to come up with this one.

After cutting the triangles I used two as templates to trace around, creating stitching holes with my Tim Holtz ruler and a paper piercer. I then erased the pencil lines and stitched the triangles with black floss.

I inked the edges of all the papers with Distress Ink in Ground Espresso. The kit tags make an appearance as the title on another layout😊.

I also added a few splatters of Heidi Swapp Colour Shine mist from my stash.

This card put to use this lovely image I stamped and heat embossed and then water coloured. The stamp was an add on from a previous kit.
The sentiment and banner  are from the sticker sheet included in the kit.
Here is a close up of the colouring.

That's it for my kit projects this month. Make sure you come back tomorrow as our brand new Design Team member Sylvie reveals her projects!

Thanks for stopping by😃

No comments: