Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Using American Crafts Thickers


Hey Scrap Shotz fans!! I'm Cathy and I am very excited to share my first post here as a member of the Scrap Shotz Design Team. I received a package of supplies, all available from Scrap Shotz, and could not wait to get started. My first post is two projects, but I made them so they could go together! 

Part one of this project is a gift box decorated with Thickers Fresh Start set, Lawn Fawn Watercolor Paper and one of my loves, Distress Oxides and regular old Distress Ink.

I found this little box in my stash and thought it would make a great gift box, for a small gift or even a gift card, or my second project :)


I nice layer of Distress Oxide in Salty Ocean, then a very small splatter of water.

I added the Wilted Violet by smooshing the pad on my craft mat, spritzing it with water then dabbing the box into the color.

I cut out paper to fit the sides and top of the box and then edged it in Wild Honey Distress Ink.

After the pieces were attached I splattered the whole box with Wilted Violet.

And here is the completed gift box with all the panels done and my Thickers added, all the stamp sayings are from a Tim Holtz set. 

I didn't love all the yellow, so I used the blue watercolor paper and layered it so there was just a touch of the yellow showing.

All four sides are done with a stamped saying and one of the pretty Fresh Start Thickers.



For my second project I wanted to keep using the Fresh Start Thickers and thought a set of little cards would go great in the gift box. All the cards are 3X3 and all the layers are done with the Lawn Fawn Watercolor Paper. The word stickers are from the Tim Holtz Big Chat line and also from the Small Talk book.

I did one set of 3 using a blue base and edged the watercolor paper in Faded Jeans

The second set of 3 I used pink and cream together and edged the watercolor pieces in Worn Lipstick.

The whole set of 6 little cards (envelopes too) fit right in the box.

And here are both projects together! I think this would make a great little gift for a teacher or co-worker.

I hope you liked these two projects and I will be back tomorrow showing you some other amazing products you can find in the Scrap Shotz Online Store!

Have a great day everyone.
Cathy

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

Great job Cathy! Love how you made cards to fit into the box!