Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Use ALL the Die Cut Words

Hello, me again playing with the Cocoa Vanilla, Daydream collection (the September Scrapbook Kit). 

I know I have said it in past posts but I will say it again ... I love this collection, it really is so dreamy! I have not spared a single embellishment or touch here or there, no hoarding is possible with this beauty. All of it must find a forever home on a layout. 

In my pursuit to use it all (kill the kit as you may see on social media, a great hashtag to follow btw), I decided to take all of the remaining Die Cut Words and see if I could make a sentence to inspire my next layout. Well, my grammar is a bit off but the sentiment is perfect! 

Here is my layout titled "Lovely, little, big, beautiful, dream together. Our home."


Honestly, I did not do too much more to this layout besides the "fancy" title which I jazzed up a little by tucking the 3 little homes and some florals from the Die Cut pack in and about, added a few floral and heart stickers (which I first backed on white cardstock then fussy cut),and then tucked in a few of the phrase stickers too. The rainbow background pattern did all of the work for this design! 



The photo is an awful one - well I love the photo but it is not of great quality - so I printed it quite small 2x3. Printing small also left loads of room on the page for my long sentence title. (The photo was a just-for-fun selfie I took while we were out house hunting. We didn't know at the time this would be our home. We just moved in a couple of weeks ago!) 

I used one of the tags in the Die Cuts and the Pinkfresh Studio alphas in my kit to document the actual house address, and then tucked that behind the photo so it just peeps out. 


I love how this page turned out - sometimes I am inspired by a photo or a story, and sometimes I let the product do the work. Between the little Die Cut houses in this kit and the fact that such a fitting sentence came together for a big bold title is well .. a Daydream. See what I did there? wink, wink



 

No comments: