Thursday, October 15, 2020

Rainbows, Rainbows, Rainbows



Hello! Today I am here to give you one more reason to pull out those small yet mighty scissors to get your fussy cut on...

If there is a paper in a collection with repeated designs or elements that you love, think about if you love it as a paper for one layout OR could you love it as a die cut and use it on multiple layouts. That’s how I make my decision when it comes to what to fussy cut. 

The decision to fussy cut all the Little rainbows out from the Up In The Clouds pattern paper from Cocoa Vanilla Studio in the September Scrapbook Kit was a no-brainer for me! I needed all of those rainbows to tuck and layer for this layout and many more to come from this Kit. Yup, needed em! 


The simple shape of a rainbow made fussy cutting these little cuties simple. In no time at all I had about 25 of the rainbows at my finger tips - perfect! 

From there I created a cascade of clustered rainbows down the page in a diagonal direction - I added a few white splatters to the background pattern to give the eye a little break from all the patterns, and used foam tape to pop up a few of the rainbows for dimension. 

 



Then I added my photo with a cluster of rainbows, die cuts and title to give the page focus and finished at all off with some sticker and fussy cut hearts tucked here and there among the rainbows. 


I love how it turned out. I have found this kit absolutely perfect for documenting my cutest ever little niece - rainbows and sunshine are just perfect for her smiley photos.
 


No comments: