Friday, December 3, 2021

November Kit Club: Vicki Boutin Fernwood!

 Hello Scrap Shotz Friends!

Rosie here and I'm lucky to be playing with the November kit featuring Vicki Boutin's Fernwood line!




So Many Wonderful Things

Lots of fabulous product in this kit and let me start out by sharing a layout I created during a recent Facebook Live (click the link if you'd like to watch the video):


I cut apart a sheet of the kit paper that was printed in a grid pattern and recreated it on white card stock popping up some of the squares with foam tape


The cardstock piece "framed" in the photo is a piece of Vicki Boutin Foundations Paper that has been dry embossed with a stencil from the kit and then colour added with the Ranger *Limited Edition* Distress Mica Crayons.


Ephemera, stickers Thickers and Puffy Thickers from the kit embellish the layout. The kit has a great selection of Fernwood products in it but if you want it all, all the products are available open stock in the store!

Purchase Fernwood Products HERE

Go After Your Dreams


I applied white texture paste through the kit fern stencil on Ranger-Inkessentials Specialty Stamping Paper. Once the paste dried, I scribbled Hocus Pocus, Bubbling Cauldron and Crooked Broomstick Distress Mica Crayons over the paste, blending out with my fingers. I continued apply the crayons and blending until I was happy with the results. 

I trimmed the panel and before adhering to a piece of kit patterned paper and then an A2- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base from the kit cardstock, I spritzed it with Distress Resist Spray then misted with a Glitter Duster and Tinsel Distress Glitter. Honestly I thought the Glitter Duster was silly the first time I saw it but after watching Tim Holtz demo it I had to pick one up and it is fantastic at misting out the fine glitter!

Lastly, I popped up one of the kit stickers with foam tape for the sentiment.

There's still time to pick up a kit if you want this line and I'll be sharing more kit projects as well as projects combing the kit and more of the fabulous products in the Fernwood line!

With all the recent shipping issues we just barely get the current out before it's time for next month's kit so if you're interested in the kit program the add on's are up for the December kit featuring Simple Stories Vintage Weathered Garden, click HERE to check it out as well as all the new items in the shop as of December 1.



No comments: