Monday, March 23, 2020

March Scrapshotz Kit - Pinkfresh Studio My Favorite Story

Hello! I sincerely hope this finds you all well and busy at home during this time of social distancing. I manage to keep busy in my craft space. Thank goodness for our hobby! Today I am sharing a couple of layouts created with the March Scrapshotz kit - Pinkfresh Studio's "My Favorite Story."

This simple layout has an Emerson quote that I thought was appropriate not only for the photo, but for this uncertain time. I used the new Lawn Fawn Oliver's Stitched ABC's Die Set. (I noticed that at present, this set is out of stock, but I'm sure if you let Sandy know, she can get you one!) I used a Zig marker for the handwriting in the quote.

The photo is nature at her finest and is highlighted with a Studio Katia stencil called Light Ray, using Vicki Boutin Wildflower & Honey Colour Wheel Pigment Ink gold. This metallic ink is solid and awesome, and it's hard to photograph how pretty it is.
I finished it off with a banner from the ephemera pack that I popped up on foam squares. I was planning to write a bit about this crazy time we're living through right now, but decided that I would like to put my thoughts in a note, put it in an envelope and put it behind the layout.
My second layout today used the Creative Scrapbooker challenge sketch for March 2020, shown here.
This color-blocked patterned paper from the My Favorite Story line needed nothing added. I loved this quote and knew that it definitely applied to my granddaughter, so used the beautiful white Thickers included in this months kit to put it on a black cardstock panel. The white printing is done with a Gelly Roll pen.

The blooms were fussy cut from another sheet of the patterned paper, then some were popped up with foam. The flower centers were embellished with drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops - Ebony Black. I love how they give the blooms some added life. I also embellished the page with some of the enamel dot stickers included in the kit.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep yourself and your families safe and well.




No comments: