Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Let's Wander Layouts with the February Kit

Hello everyone! Today I have 2 layouts using the February kit. This kit is full of Vicki Boutin "Let's Wander" goodness. The theme of this collection is "travel" so I'm getting caught up with my vacation pictures from last summer.
For the first layout, I fussy cut some photo frames to create a summary of our trip to the Maritimes. I really like the map paper and the thumb tacks were just asking to be stuck to it! The embellishments came from the ephemera pack and chipboard set. Here is a close-up.
For the second layout, I decided to use the February sketch from Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. Head over to their Facebook group to post your creations. Here is what it looks like:
No photo description available.
Here is my layout:

I chose to change the hearts to stars and scrap about my daughter golfing for the first time. The colours in the pictures match the papers in the kit so I thought that would be a good starting point. The large star is cut on my Silhouette Cameo and the smaller stars are fussy cut from one of the papers. I used the Thickers in my kit for the title but felt like I was still missing something so I added some background stars with white gesso and black pen to match the style of the Thickers. I'm not a big risk taker and this was a bit scary to do. I admit I originally shaded in the stars black but decided to make them white with the gesso to match the title. A little chipboard camera, star and arrows and the layout is complete. 

Thanks for stopping by! Have fun with your February kit! - Carolyn