Friday, March 6, 2020

Lawn Fawn Hey Lady & Reveal Wheel Circle

Hello!

Rosie here, with start of the Lawn Fawn product showcase. I'll have much more to share in the next couple of weeks and here are the first projects.

Hey Lady, A Bug Deal & Cloud Stencil


This Lawn Fawn release is packed full of cute, fun and versatile products. I created a mask with the leaf in the Hey Lady stamp set and stamped a border of leaves along the bottom. I added the large tree limb from the A Bug Deal stamp set and then the ladybugs from the Hey Lady set,

After colouring the images with Copic markers I masked them off and applied Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink with the Lawn Fawn Cloudy Stencil. I had a little boo-boo at the top so I inked it in solid, covering up my mistake and then continued shifting the cloud stencil down and inking.

The dies are a must have just for the magnifying glass stamp in this set. I used foam adhesive to pop it up and highlight the ladybug stamp, giving the illusion that it's magnified.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiments from the A Bug Deal set and adhered the panel to a kraft card stock base.

When I saw the earth in the Reveal Wheel Circle Sentiments I knew I wanted to create a galaxy background for the earth.


I inked watercolor paper with a yellow, pink, blue and green Distress Oxide ink. I then applied Black Soot oxide ink to an acrylic block, misted with Altenew Iridescent spray and 'smooshed' over the inked panel. I dried the panel and continued the same application until it was covered to my satisfaction.
Once the entire panel was dried I watered down white paint and flicked it over the card front.


I actually die cut the paper before applying the ink, in my opinion it would be best to do your ink technique first and then die cut to ensure the narrow die cut areas don't tear.

The sentiment turns through the window which is die cut with the Lawn Fawn Semicircle Add-On. This is not in the store but can be special ordered :).

I'll be sharing more Lawn Fawn projects soon! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!



No comments: