Friday, February 14, 2020

Your Potential Is Endless: January Scrapbook Kit

Hello Friends!

Happy Valentines Day!

Rosie back to share a few more January kit projects, this time I have a few cards but will start things with this home decor piece that will hang in my craft room:


I first sprayed this Tim Holtz Etcetera tag with Distress Ink spray but it is not terribly opaque so it did not cover very well so I went to plan B and applied Vicki Boutin white gesso to the thick board and let dry.
Once dry, I mixed together Distress Ink Blueprint Sketch paint and Ranger Black Tie paint and added a couple of coats over the gessoed surface. 
You can see a few flecks of copper foil, I grabbed a scrap of copper foil from my stash and laid it over some areas that had not completely dried and rubbed the foil over them:

I used a Heartfelt Creations die from my stash to die cut the flowers from patterned paper, then shaped with the McGill Flower shaping tool:


The magenta bloom is from the kit itself.

I die cut the bottom left corner with a TH Sizzix alterations die, then trimmed a white butterfly die cut from my stash, backed the openings with kit pattern paper then applied Copper Penny Nuvo Crystal Drops over the die cut.


To put it all together, I began with the bottom layer, the bottom left hand side die cut, then the butterfly cut file, followed by kit chipboard pieces, a quote cut from one of the kit papers and then the flowers. The die cut flower centers are embellished with a kit gem which has been covered with Copper Penny Nuvo Crystal Drops.


One of the best parts of a kit is how everything coordinates so well together.


I cut various papers in squares and one rectangle, layering them over each other and popping up two of the layers with foam adhesive. The sentiment, from the kit stickers is also adhered with foam tape.

Lastly, I embellished with some kit puffy accents (heart, butterfly and dot).


The bottom half of this card is two die cuts cut with a Tim Holtz Alterations die from my stash. I bordered the top with a strip of Tim Holtz metallic card stock.


I finished it off with a few of the kit puffy stickers.

These next two cards feature the super versatile Circular Grid Mama Elephant die. It is perfect for the cute Mama Elephant Little Agenda stamps and works just as well for these thank you cards.

I die cut two pieces of pattern paper, keeping the circles to use randomly on the cards.

I inked a white card stock card front with Distress Oxide Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves and a bit of Dusty Concord.

I popped up a couple of the circles leftover from the die cut cover die with foam adhesive, added a kit chipboard sticker and the sentiment from the kit stickers, finishing off with a kit gem.


This card front was inked with Distress Oxide Victorian Velvet and a light hand of Dusty Concord and Blueprint Sketch. I then misted with water, picking up the water with a paper towel to create the "distressed" effect.


Again I popped up the circles with foam adhesive and cut the sentiment out of one of the kit journal cards, cutting notches on both sides to create a banner. A single kit gem adds a bit of extra sparkle to the card.

I hope you've enjoyed my kit projects, thanks for stopping in and don't forget to check out the other posts on the blog, lots of great inspiration from the team :)

Happy Crafting!












No comments: