Friday, February 7, 2020

Wild Whisper, Where to Next - Colour Focus

Hello, hello! I am having such a fantastic time playing with the Wild Whisper, Where to Next? goodies from the Scrap Shotz ship this month. The vibrant colours and happy, busy patterns of this collection and embellishments are making me smile!

Speaking of vibrant, bright patterns - today I wanted to share how I created a very simple, full of white space layout by focusing my attention on just a couple of colours from the collection. This is a trick I like to use whenever I am playing with papers or embellishment goodies that are really busy and bright. Which is such a fabulous signature of Wild Whisper collections.

Here is my layout:


My approach was simple - pick a couple die cuts or ephemera from the collection that looked great  together (in both colour and design). This was easy to do thanks to a Wild Whisper - everything in this collection matches beautifully. I picked that fabulous brown camera and the blue post it stamp phrase.


From there, I went through the rest of the collection goodies and found all the other bits and scraps that matched this brown, blue, camera and postage stamp look. I layered a bunch by my photo and makes a little cluster on the bottom right too.



Before adhering everything down, I did use one of the stencils from my stash and some white modelling paste to add a little texture to the Wild Whisper black and white postage stamp pattern and the white cardstock too. Then I added my title ‘Travel Journal’ and added some stitching too!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kKMxdZmXzmkyV48emHbVmSJXOI9GjNm2



I really like how it turned out - I am off to play some more! Thanks for swinging by!




No comments: