Monday, June 3, 2019

Altenew "Live Your Dream" - May 2019 Scrap Shotz Kit

Hello! Lorraine here with a couple of layouts created from the May Scrap Shotz kit. This Altenew "Live Your Dream" line is beautiful. The colors are vibrant and bold and the paper has to be held to be appreciated. It's heavy, smooth and luxurious. We recently had a Graduation in the family, and I thought this patterned paper was suitably classic.


The colors in this paper were perfect for the cap and gown photo. Going with the leaf pattern I die cut leaves with the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Foliage Die and painted some iridescent Ranger Stickles on them. For the title, the American Crafts Thickers that are included with the kit are great, and I wanted to use some iridescent lettering for the banner. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I typed the name of the High School with Word and printed it out on black cardstock with my laser printer. I then used gina K. Fancy Foils in sparkling silver, and it looks amazing!
The opposite page will highlight family and although the pattern is very different, the basic design and the colors will allow them to coordinate in my Graduation album. There are lots of layers here, giving the photos lightness and fun. I used a few more leaves as embellishments to tie the 2 pages together.

My next layout uses very colorful, bright paper and the photos were getting swallowed up by the fun pattern. In order to settle it down a little, I cut out two corners from another pattern and used them on opposite corners of the layout.
The die cut hearts and epoxy wood buttons are perfect accessories.
This paper is so amazing that I hated to waste a single corner, so with the scraps leftover from this layout, I made a couple of cards. I stamped and embossed Pinkfresh Studios Scripted Bold Sentiments on the cards. I then tied a bow with May Arts silk ribbon on the "Bravo!" card and with seam binding on the "Thinking of You" card.  Both the sequins and the gold crystals I used are from Studio Katia, available in the Scrap Shotz store.

I have to admit that the beautiful paper had me a little intimidated at first, but once I started using it, I found the patterns really easy to work with.  They are suitable for so many events and moods, and I'll be back later this week with some more creations with them.

Have a good one!



No comments: