Saturday, June 29, 2019

Watercolor cards

Hello! Happy Canada Day weekend! Today I'm sharing some cards that have been painted with watercolors. This Mama Elephant stamp is called The Big Roar, and I used Vicki Boutin watercolor markers. The sentiment is a My Favorite Things stamp set called appropriately, From All of Us. After I cut out the large image with the dies, I went to cut out the birds and had a little trouble figuring out which die was for each stamp. So here's what I did.
I cut out each of the small dies on a piece of scrap cardstock and numbered them. I then matched them up with their coordinating die and numbered both the stamp sheet and the dies, so that I will easily be able to match them up next time.
I didn't have any magnetic sheets in my stash to store the little dies, so I used a piece of a magnetic vent cover that I picked up at Canadian Tire. They are nice and thin, easy to cut to size, and not very expensive.
I then used Zig Clean Color markers to color the same stamp with more traditional colors for the animals.  This sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn Simply Sentiments stamp set. The background was created with oxide inks some time ago, waiting for it's chance to become a card. 😉
Here are a couple of cards with the Gerda Steiner Frogs stamps that I was working with last time. I embossed the frogs with Zing Embossing Powder in Cricket green and colored them with watercolor markers. This one has a background that I painted with the markers and another stamp from the Lawn Fawn Simply Sentiments.
This final card's background was made with a My Favorite Things Radiating Rays stencil and Gina K. Glitz Glitter gel in gold. There is some serious sparkle there! The sentiment is from a sheet of stickers from Websters Pages called Painted Passport words.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope I've given you an idea that you can use!







No comments: