Monday, June 24, 2019

Baby Shower Decor with the June Kit

Carolyn here today to show you a unique way to use your June kit. This weekend I got to throw a baby shower for my new nephew. Of course I wanted to use the June kit. The kit is full of Heidi Swapp Wolf Pack goodies. It has more of a nature theme. It is not the traditional cutsie baby stuff but the colours are exactly what my sister-in-law likes. Grey, black and teal. So I made a banner and a card.
The banner was really easy to make. I chose a size for the flags on a scrap piece of paper and traced it onto the star paper. I used the Bazzill teal cardstock and my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the doilies. The letters are cut from the Bazzill carbon cardstock. Behind each letter I put a moon. I cut them out from one of the 12 x 12 papers. I'm pretty lucky the baby's name is only four letters otherwise I would've run out of paper!
I found some black ribbon in my stash and stapled it to the flags while tying a bow between each flag. I covered the staples with the washi tape in the kit. My final touch was adding stars from the ephemera pack.
Here is a closer look at one of the flags.
The card was fun to make. I used one of the cut apart cards from a paper in the kit for the inner frame. I used the kit Thickers for the title and an ephemera heart. The frame is a cut file from a "Friends" collection. My sister-in-law loves Friends so I had to use this. The design is cut from a wolf pack paper and the black paper is the Bazzill carbon cardstock. The background paper is also in the kit.
Here is a last look at the two projects together:
Thanks so much for taking a look at my projects! The party was great and the banner is going on Theo's wall. I encourage you to try using your supplies in unexpected ways!



1 comment:

Rosie said...

Oooh, love these decorations! Great job with the kit!