Friday, May 25, 2018

Scrap Shotz May Kit - Creating Spring Decor!

Hello! Karla back today with another project using the Scrap Shotz May Kit, featuring the gorgeous Kaisercraft Pen & Ink collection! In my first post HERE I wanted to show you how you could use the layout in a neutral colour scheme with a hint of pink. Today, I wanted to show you how you could take the neutral palette of these papers and add lots of colour for a bright and fun look. Included in the kit is an amazing Tim Holtz Etcetera Thickboard tag. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make a pretty Spring tag to put in my dining room for a lovely home decor piece.


I started off by tracing the tag onto the Ephemera Patterned Paper and cutting it out. I added bright Distress Oxide Inks in Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers.


I then glued on the paper to the tag, added the reinforcer, which I also sponged with the Peacock Feathers ink, and added Glossy Accents to the clock and the Enamel Accents from the Kit to add details to the background. I used the same Oxides along with some Distress Inks to watercolour in images cut from the Foiled Paper from the Kit and used some Ranger Alcohol Inks to add colour to the metal butterfly, also in the Kit.


I used various ribbons and yarns from my stash along the bottom of the tag and threaded through the top of the tag hole before hot gluing the metal butterfly at the top. I added some of the watercoloured foiled images and used a strip of the Kaisercraft gems (an add-on) to the bottom of the tag along with a sentiment sticker and the pretty lace sticker from the 12x12 Sticker Sheet from the Kit.


Lastly, I added a ticket from the Ephemera Pack, included in the Kit, and layered more of the watercoloured foiled images, bending the edges of the paper slightly and adding some foam dots to give some dimension.


A little shimmery mist gave the background some shine along with a few pretty sequins.


The Kaisercraft gems look beautiful cut to fit inside the center of the watercoloured flower. I love how this turned out and I'm so excited to have a new piece of Spring home decor!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to head over to the Scrap Shotz store to order your KIT and any fun ADD-ON's. If you missed the Kit Unboxing be sure to head over to that post HEREand have a super crafty week!


No comments: