Friday, May 18, 2018

Simple Stories| Bloom

Hello!

Have you been enjoying new DT member Gloria's projects? I know I sure have! Scroll down to check them out if you haven't had a chance to see them yet 😊.

Rosie here sharing some layouts created with the lovely Simple Stories Bloom Collection kit, Bits and Pieces and Chipboard.




Layout was inspired by this layout found on Pinterest which I used like a sketch. If you're not a Pinner you can also subscribe to your favourite manufacturer's blogs for ideas on how to use their products.
  Use your choice of patterned paper as the base and then mat a variety of papers from the collection on black card stock. Prior to adhering the matted papers and photo I splattered the paper with Heidi Swapp Color Shine spritz.

Here's a closer look at the paper blocks. The collection kit also includes a sticker sheet which the flower cluster and clipboard came from.


I accented the flower centres with Studio Katia onyx crystals. 


The chipboard tassel banner fit this space just perfectly.

Next up is another layout inspired by this one created by Kristine Davidson for Simple Stories.


This layout came together so quickly and it's because of the inspiration layout! Collection kits are fabulous because everything works together!
I began this layout by choosing the patterned papers, ensuring I left white space just like the inspiration layout.
As with my first layout, I splattered Black Velvet Heidi Swapp Color Shine sprite on the base prior to adhering the photos and accents.


I layered stickers over the die cut typewriter which is also layered over the Hello die cut.


Here's a look at the photo which was matted on black and then white card stock. Bloom stickers and die cuts "frame" the photo and Pretty Pink Posh confetti and Studio Katia Onyx gems embellish the flower centers.

This final layout was based on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine May sketch:




I kept the photo layout the same as the sketch replacing the long or tall photo with a journal card. The  Bloom collection kit has 2 papers with Project Life type cut aparts. 
Various papers were cut into 2"x 2" squares, then cut in half diagonally. I then placed a selection along the top of the page and pieced 3 squares down the lower right side of the page.


You can see a bit of the triangle border above this photo. I added stickers from the collection sticker sheet and embellished the centers with Studio Katia onyx and sparkling crystals (these may not be listed individually in the store, email sandy@scrapshotz.com to inquire).


I trimmed down this 5"x7" card to more closely mirror the sketch. I have matted it and layered it over   the paper pieced squares. Crystals embellish these floral centers as well.


Bloom collection chipboard, stickers and die cuts create this "title" area similar to the sketch.


Lastly, rather than splattering mist or spray, I chose to randomly adhere onyx and clear crystals.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look! I would love to hear your thoughts on this post so feel free to leave a comment. 
😊😊😊

SaveSave

No comments: