Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Shadow Script Words

Happy Wednesday! I can't believe it's April already and Easter is over! But I am ready for spring and flowers! Today's projects are simple cards that you can put together quickly. The new Shadow Script #1 Thinlits are amazing! I don't think you can ever have too many word dies and now the shadow part can be cut out too!

I used bits of paper I had in my scrap pile from the TH Etcetera paper for the words, and for the shadow part I used some dark brown card stock I had .

For my layers, two pieces of Th Etcetera paper edged in Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and these I adhered flat.
To add some texture I used my TH heart stencil and some of the wonderful grit paste, and once it had dried a bit I lightly sponged over it with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I love the roughness of the grit paste.

And the finished project!





My second project is using the Sizzix 3-D Bohemian Botanicals Embossing folder. For this one I embossed two pieces, then chose my favorite flower, painted it with Distress Oxides in Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Lucky Clover and Evergreen Bough and then cut it out.




Once my ink was dry, I cut out the coloured piece, layered it on black cardstock with very thin amount of black showing and adhered it to the first embossed layer. Kind of spotlighting just the one flower. I love this technique because you can choose any section you like to spotlight.

You can see at the bottom of coloured piece and at the side that it joins the embossing below.
My finished spotlight card.





Thanks for stopping by the Scrap Shotz blog. Keep checking in because the new monthly kit is being released and you won't want to miss out on that!

Have a wonderful day everyone!


No comments: